The perfect meal if you’re looking for something hardy. Instead of a traditional cream gravy we are dressing this Southern Fried Chicken Steak with our Truffle Hot Sauce. In collaboration with Juke Fried Chicken, this dish is perfect when you’re wanting something crispy, juicy and spicy.
24 – 30 min
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (panko or traditional bread crumbs)
- 1 — 2 cups of Oil, for frying (peanut or canola oil is preferred)
- 2 tbsp of F+F Truffle Hot Sauce
Tips and Techniques
- We recommend a meat mallet to pound the chicken to about 1/4 in thick and ensure the meat is the same thickness to ensure even cooking
- Keep your finished steaks in the oven until you’re ready to serve them, that way the crusts stay crispy
- Serve it on a bed of mashed potatoes, corn bread and beans
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Set up a breading station with three shallow bowls: one with the flour, one with the beaten eggs, and one with the breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shaking off the excess, then in the beaten egg, and finally coat well in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You’ll want enough oil to come halfway up the sides of the chicken.
- Fry the chicken breasts until golden brown and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes per side. Be sure not to crowd the pan; you may need to do this in batches.
- While the chicken is frying, prepare the truffle hot sauce. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, heat off, stir in the hot sauce and truffle oil until well combined.
- Once the chicken is done, drain it on paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Drizzle the F+F truffle hot sauce over the fried chicken steaks just before serving.
This dish is crispy and crunchy from the batter and spicy from the sauce. A perfect combination if you’re wanting a dish that’s filling and delicious.