THC Flank Steak with Grilled Corn Salsa
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon English mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
Steak and Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Farm & Florist THC olive oil, plus more for grill
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1½ pounds flank steak
Tips and Techniques
- Combine brown sugar, chile powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, granulated garlic, mustard powder, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate.
- Grill corn, turning occasionally, until lightly browned all over, 8–10 minutes; let cool. Cut kernels from cobs and place in a medium bowl.
- Add onion, jalapeño, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice to corn and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Set salsa aside.
- Meanwhile, coat steak with all of dry rub, packing on more than once if needed, and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. F&F Olive oil to help rub adhere.
- Grill steak, turning occasionally and moving to a cooler spot on grill as needed to control flare-ups, until nicely browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 130°, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
- Return steak to grill just to re-crisp exterior, about 1 minute per side. Transfer back to cutting board and slice against the grain. Serve topped with salsa.
- Steak should be juicy and medium rare, with fresh charred sweet corn salsa.