Maple Lamb Curry
(Serves 3-5 people)
- 1/4cup Vegetable oil
- 2Bay Leaves
- 4whole Cloves
- 10black Peppercorns
- 2yellow Onions chopped
- 2pounds boneless lamb cut into cubes
- 1TSP Ginger minced
- 1TBL Garlic minced
- 1TSP Cardamom
- 1TSP Cinnamon
- 1/2TSP Kosher Salt
- 1/2TSP Turmeric
- 2TSP Coriander
- 2TSP Garam Masala
- 2CUPS Water
- 3 TBL of Farm + Florist Maple Syrup
- 1/2CUP Tomato Puree
- 1/2CUP Greek Yogurt
- Cilantro for garnish (optional)
Tips and Techniques
- Make sure it is piping serving.
- Ensure it is liquid enough, if not, slowly add water until admired consistency.
- Make Basmati rice alongside the curry.
- To a large skillet add the oil on medium heat with the bay leaves, cloves, peppercorns, Maple syrup, and onions and cook, stirring, for 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the lamb, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, turmeric, coriander and garam masala cooking and stirring for an additional 8-10 minutes.
- Add in the water and tomato puree and let simmer on medium-low heat for 45 minutes, adding in the yogurt just before serving.
This special fall favourite should have a hearty and warm taste. This dish tastes best when served very warm and is served well as a next day option.