Maple Chilli Glazed Sea Scallops.
(Serves 3 People)
3 TBL of Farm and Florist Maple Syrup
2 TBL Lime Juice
1 TBL Sesame oil
Couple pinches of red pepper flakes
½ TBL coriander
1 TSP salt
Up to 400g of Scallops
Tips and Techniques
- Buy your Scallops the same day you are cooking them; the fresher the better!
- Use the maple syrup at room temperature, and ensure the pan is not to hot to avoid burning the Maple Syrup.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir very well to combine. Store in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- When it comes time to cook, remove the Sea Scallops from the marinade. Dispose of the used marinade and preheat a medium or large fry pan on medium heat. Make sure that the pan is well buttered.
- Once the pan is hot, add your Scallops. Cook evenly on both sides until desired doneness and serve immediately.
The Scallops should be soft on the inside, crisp and sweet on the outside, with a hint of spice.