INFUSED HONEY FRIED CHICKEN.
(Serves 3 People)
4 chicken thighs skinless + boneless
150ml greek yogurt
pinch of chili flakes
1 tblsp minced garlic
100g panko breadcrumbs
100ml Franks Red hot sauce
2 tblsp Farm & florist Infused Honey
Canola Oil for Frying
- One day before frying, mix the buttermilk, yogurt, chilli flakes and garlic. Submerge the chicken and place in refrigerator over night.
- The next day, mix together the panko breadcrumbs and the flour. Season with salt + pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk mixture and let drip excess off naturally. Dredge the chicken into the flour making sure to COMPLETELY cover the entire thigh. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a deep pot, fill NO MORE than halfway. This will ensure that the oil does not bubble up and boil out of the pot when you put the chicken in. Heat on medium – high heat and check temperature of the oil with either a candy thermometer, or by dropping a peice of bread into the oil and watching it turn golden brown in 2-3 minutes usually means the oil is ready to go.
- One at a time drop the chicken into the oil and let cook for 8 to 10 mins (depending on thickness of thigh)
- While the chicken is cooking mix together the hot sauce and the honey. Set aside.
- When the chicken is done, spoon it out and let it rest on paper towel to absorb any excess oil. Plate the chicken up and your vessel of choice and cover it in that sauce.